The 38th Annual Oklahoma Conference on Aging “The Road to Aging Well: Enjoy Your Trip” will be held on May 21-23, 2013 at the Embassy Suites Norman Hotel and Conference Center (Link opens in new window) in Norman, Oklahoma. Inspired by the iconic Route 66, this year’s conference will highlight the road to aging well.
“Senior Day” is May 21 and is free for Oklahomans 60 and older. Senior Day is filled with fun and informative workshops, recognition of the Senior Poetry Contest and Spelling Bee winners, film festival and Exhibit Hall.
Also featured will be the Senior Wellness Expo and a classic auto show, courtesy of the Oklahoma Hot Rod Association.
“Professional Days” are May 22 and May 23. These days provide training and support for professionals in the field of aging and will include prominent keynote speakers, valuable workshops, exhibits and the OKDHS ASD Achievements in Aging awards.
The conference will:
- Provide information on the latest information regarding issues affecting older Oklahomans.
- Provide information about important services and programs for older Oklahomans, including health and wellness information.
- Raise awareness of aging issues.
- Encourage stronger advocacy on behalf of older Oklahomans.
- Expose attendees to best practices in order to better serve the aging population.
Who Should Attend
Seniors, professionals, students, advocates and anyone interested in older adult issues and meeting the needs of older Oklahomans – the fastest growing segment of the state’s population.